Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Getting "The Call" -- Indie-Wise

Michelle Hauck (aka Michelle4Laughs) is doing a wonderfully inspiring series of posts from authors who've gotten "The Call." Wanting a little balance, she asked me if I'd like to do an indie version of "Getting the Call," and of course I said I'd be delighted. Michelle has been an online friend and staunch supporter since, well, forever. What she and I didn't know at the time was that the indie "Call" post would be scooped by Ruth Cardello, whose self-publishing success has been miles ahead of mine. But you know what, my little books and I have worked hard to get where we are today, and I figured a little grounding for readers following the series wouldn't hurt.

My version of "The Call" is now up at Michelle's blog. And she's cross-posted it as well to her team blog, For the Love of Writing. I hope you'll take a look.

ETA: Oooh, looks like Michelle has issued a comments challenge! Please leave a few words over at her place when you visit.

2 comments:

Michelle 4 Laughs said...

I believe your sales will continue to grow, Phoenix. You are riding the crest of the wave of change, and you knew to get there before everyone else.

I'm going to try issuing a challenge. I challenge your followers to put more comments on your post than Ruth got on hers. (Please don't make me fall flat on my face on this one guys.)

Thanks again, Phoenix for the post.

Wilkins MacQueen said...

I did my duty.