Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Vet Tech Tales: The Early Years - Launch Day

Something I've been remiss in discussing that's obviously writing-related is how fiction writing compares to that nebulous nonfiction-y writing realm that slides around and melts into something that looks very much like fiction around its edges but that is memoir instead. How have I managed to overlook that topic after spending 4 months writing in that very nebula? Especially when I've run thin on topics to talk about here? This is a "duh" moment if I've ever had one. And trust me, I haven't had just one.

However, I'm not going to talk about memoir writing today, but do look for a discussion on it soon. In a nutshell, the mechanics are quite similar to fiction but the angst level of writing in first person and actually meaning first person in memoir is a lot higher.

In any case, the first volume of my Vet Tech Tales, which I've been serializing over on the Confessions of an Animal Junkie blog, is now available exclusively at Amazon. For 99 cents.

Wait, did I say exclusively? Why yes indeedy. I opted it into the new Amazon Select program. You'll be hearing more about that in the coming weeks as the first bits of data start trickling in and we can begin making hypothetical guesses as to who's benefiting from the program and who's getting screwed. You're welcome for being one of the 30,000 guinea pigs opted into the program who's ready to report back so you can play along right from your easy chair.

Interesting times for us all.

Oh, and did I mention -- the Vet Tech Tales volumes is just 99 cents at Amazon. US? Links to the book on Amazon's other sites are in the sidebar.

I'll also have more new books from friends of the blog to talk about at the end of the week, along with more sales numbers.

Happy mid-month!

4 comments:

Jo-Ann said...

Woo Hoo you are a star! Congratulations on getting this new baby out into the world. Gosh, only the fourth release this year. I hear they've put your picture in the dictionary next to the word prolific.

Jo-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea Pitcher said...

Yay new stuff to read! I have been sans internet at home for several months now, so I'm glad I didn't miss this! :)

Wilkins MacQueen said...

Congratulations Phoenix. This one came on so quickly, the stories were just waiting until you had the time to come out.

BTW VK's rescue stories are so beautifully written, there's a book in there as well. I hop VK will persue a collection. The stories are so compelling. I guess I'm commenting on the wrong blog for that so over the Animal Junkies.