Monday, May 30, 2011

Sales Stats: New Running Tally

For anyone who cares, I'm now keeping a running tally of overall sales numbers for Spoil of War in the sidebar. The numbers don't mean much unless compared to books with a similar audience, but they could be useful for research purposes, to satisfy curiosity or to have something to gloat over if you find your book is doing better.

I'll continue to do a monthly breakdown of numbers by retailer and offer insight as to the impact of any promotions during the period. Look for the May breakdown post this Friday. It'll run as a companion piece to the reprise of last week's post on how to tag your way onto Amazon's bestseller lists, which will run Friday as a guest post over at Pimp My Novel.

We have queries in the queue to crit on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Thursday slot is still open! Update: We have a synopsis scheduled for Thursday. Next week, though, is wide open!

R E M E M B E R

5 comments:

lexcade said...

How long has Spoil of War been out?

Phoenix Sullivan said...

@Lexcade: It went up for sale on a couple of sites late on March 31 and everywhere else April 1. So right at 2 months now. I would say it's doing about average to a tiny bit above average compared to anecdotal numbers I'm finding. Left in the dust by some; a whole lot better sales than others. Of course, you really have to compare like genre to like genre to be really meaningful.

Sylvia said...

I love that you are willing to post real numbers.

Landra said...

I am really excited about this tracking numbers business. Plus in a way I am living vicariously through you.

For two months, IMO something is better than nothing and I honestly think it can build from there.

lexcade said...

Sounds like you're doing pretty well. :)