Monday, April 11, 2011

PARTY TIME !!!

It's the blog's 1-Year Anniversary, and to celebrate I have GAMES and PRIZES for you, so aren't you glad you cruised by today?

The prizes are easy to win, but do pay attention to the two simple rules below, please. The contest is open from 12:01 AM Monday to 6:00 AM on Tuesday, US Central Time. Prize winners will be announced by 8:00 AM (unless I oversleep).

PRIZES (6 Total!):

A - $20 Gift Certificate from the E-Bookstore of Your Choice*
B - $10 Gift Certificate from the E-Bookstore of Your Choice*
C - Indepth Critique of the First 10 Pages of Your WIP
D - Copy of the Extinct Anthology in the E-Format of Your Choice
E - Copy of Spoil of War in the E-Format of Your Choice**

* Store must accept US funds. In lieu of a Gift Certificate if there's not an e-bookstore available in your region, I will send you an equivalent amount in the currency of your choice through PayPal. Whoever wins the $20 prize will not be eligible to win the $10 prize, although they will be eligible to win any of the other prizes too. 
** 2 copies available to win; also your choice of the limited edition first cover or the soon-to-be uploaded second edition cover.

Rule 1: Let me know in the comments which prize(s) you'd like to win. No need to give a reason why you don't want to win any of the other prizes (unless it's something like "Have it, read it, LOVED it!" Which, because I'll be using a spreadsheet and a random-number generator, won't earn you any special consideration in the drawing but will endear you to me forever). With the exception of the Gift Certificates, it is possible for one person to win more than one prize.

Rule 2: If you Like/Tweet using the buttons for this post or put an announcement on your blog, in a forum, etc. to promote this blog as a query-critting destination OR to promote either of the books, let me know and I'll drop in an extra entry for each promo to a maximum of 3 extra chances per person. Earlier shilling efforts don't count for this drawing, but I know who you are and I love you for it. :o)

So, your entry might look like:
I'm in for A and B. Already read and loved, loved, loved D&E. Liked it, Tweeted it, and dropped a link to here in my writing forum.  [This would earn you the maximum of 4 chances in the drawing.]

Easy, right? Well, then, get to entering!

NEW! SPECIAL TREAT

Even MORE disturbing images for the original Spoil of War cover are now available! If you know blog friends Pete, Sarah L and Chris, check out the WIP Stuff tab above. See the comments section on this page for how these covers came about.

GAMES

Two new Find-A-Word puzzles should keep you busy during boring meetings at work. Note that if you shut the puzzle down and click the link again, you'll be presented with a different configuration of letters for the same words, so you get multiple plays from just two puzzles!

Some of you may have attempted the Jigsaw and Slider puzzles with the Extinct cover image before. They haven't gotten any easier. (There are NO puzzles with the cover image for Spoil of War, so these games are all Safe For Work.)

JIGSAWS


SLIDERS

FIND-A-WORDS

Extinct Doesn't Mean Forever puzzle link and words:

http://www.scriptsocket.com/user/findaword.php?phoenix0-2









Spoil of War puzzle link and words:

http://www.scriptsocket.com/user/findaword.php?phoenix0-3








Enjoy! And THANK YOU for a Fabulous Year!

43 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
:-)
I'm awake, but not cerebral for your party games yet. Plus, I think your crowd is going to bring along a few games of their own, a bit less cerebral... heheheheh
;-)
Okay, May I have option F? It is a picture of oneself photoshopped into the Spoil of War cover. I want Option F because I forgot what it was like to have perky boobs.

:-)

Sara Jane Wade said...

Hi! Happy Anniversary, your blog is really awesome :D I'm kind of a lurker, and have only discovered it recently, but am I glad I did!!

Anyway, I'm in for option C? Thanks a lot!

McKoala said...

I can't believe it's been a year! LOL Chris's suggestion, but I'm more into A, B or C.

OK, so I 'liked you' and put up a new post on my blog with the Extinct puzzle link, plus a link to your blog!

Will drop by again for more chat!

jjdebenedictis said...

Happy Anniversary! *blows party squeaker* *dons lampshade and dances madly*

Y'know, I'd like any of those prizes. Probably most interested in A or B, though.

And frick, those slider puzzles are hard.

Robin B. said...

Wow- I can't believe it's been a year, girl! Congrats to ya!

Peter Dudley said...

Happy anniversary! I also want option F--unlike Chris, I've never known what it's like to have perky boobs.

fairyhedgehog said...

Happy Bloggiversary!

I've already got Spoil of War and Extinct and I don't have a WIP and I live in the UK. But I liked and Tweeted anyway!

Congratulations on a year of blogging!

Slush said...

Greetings you crazy one, you! Happy 1st.

I am down for A, B, C, or E. You could just give me all of them because I am greedy like that (not really) :)

@Chris, me and you both on the perky boob sentiment.

I will chime into games a little later. Have to get back to work. I am also throwing up a celebration tweet for you in the next 5 minutes.

Congrats again!

Phoenix said...

@FHH: Unfortunately, Amazon UK does not like the kind of credit card I have. However, I'll happily pop the equivalent cash amount in GBP or Euros into your PayPal account if you should win! So I shall enter you for A and B unless you opt out in the next few hours.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Woo Hoo!!!!

1 year already? Damn. That's awesome.

I think I'd pay to see Pete with perky boobs.

Peter Dudley said...

Sarah: Just for you. How much would you pay?

Peter Dudley said...

By the way, if I win the "F" option, Sarah needs to be photoshopped into the cover as the other person. It's only fair.

Sarah Laurenson said...

I am so down for that!

Sarah Laurenson said...

I could offer half of my writing proceeds from last year...

Sarah Laurenson said...

Of course, that involves blood, shredded flesh and razor sharp Koala claws.

Karen H said...

Congratulations on making the 1-year mark with the blog!! I don't really have a writing forum to post to, but I did click "Like" and would love options A-D (I already have E).

Here's to another great year of "Daring to Dream!"

vkw said...

I'm here. Happy Anniversary. I would like option D and E.

I'm not good with the games, however.

vkw

David North-Martino said...

Congrats, Phoenix!!!!

McKoala said...

LOL Peter and Sarah. I sooooo want Phoenix to mock up that cover!!!

And you gave my claws a mensh *blushes*.
e

Kay said...

Happy Anniversary. Do you have cake?

Option CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I've tweeted. I posted on FB and in at AQC forum.

Enjoy your special day. (Did the blog send you roses?)

Michelle4Laughs said...

Super Congrats on the Blog! You know it's my favorite place to browse when I want to avoid writing.

I would love to win option C. I always crave feedback. If not that choice than E, A, or B.

I gave you a hearty 'like'.

fairyhedgehog said...

That's very kind of you!

Phoenix said...

OK, by popular demand, with the caveat that I don't have a fancy graphics program, just Paint and PowerPoint (but they and I are on pretty friendly terms), PARTY FAVORS!

I give you ...

The perky-breasted Chis and Pete, and Sarah as Pete's other person.

For a limited time you can click the tab on the blog labeled "WIP Stuff" or go here.

Save a copy down if you want a keepsake memory... No guarantees how long those mugs will hang around!

Phoenix said...

@Hi Chris! Did you ever wake up. I have a feeling you will after you see yourself here.

@Sara Jane: Thank you for lurking! How can you NOT be in for options A and B? Since you could possible win a gift card and a crit, I'm putting your name in for the cash too!

@McK: *waves!*

@JJ: The puzzle making site lets you divide the pix up EVEN MORE. I was NOT going to put anyone through that, though!

@Robin: Already? Feels like 10 years! ;o)

Phoenix said...

@Pete: I personally couldn't wait to see you with hair.

@FHH: Thank you!!

@Slush: Thank you for throwing up all over Twitter.

@Sarah: I'll just charge you twice your writing proceeds ;o). (I think I made $4 last year. And, shhh, I didn't claim it on my tax return.)

Phoenix said...

@Karen: You came! Thank you!

@vkw: No pressure to play. Much more fun watching everyone try the puzzles after they've had a few drinks anyway.

@Dave: Thank you!

@Kay: I knew I forgot something! And roses? Was I supposed to get roses? *looks around at my empty desk and glares*

@Michelle: Always happy to contribute to the delinquincy of writers!

Robin B. said...

I would pay for the Pete boobs thing! I'm with ya, Sarah.

Peter Dudley said...

OH THE HUMANITY!

That is one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a very long time. Maybe ever.

Well done.

Phoenix said...

That is one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a very long time.

Imagine how it felt working on it! I had to go clean the chicken coop to help get the image out of my head.

AA said...

Congrats! Happy 1 year blogaversary!!!!!!!!!!!

I "liked" this page and also posted a link to the Extinct anthology just in case there's some facebook friend who hasn't seen it yet.
My first choice is A, second D, after that anything.

Have a happy!

McKoala said...

I just threw up a little in my mouth. From laughing so much. Hot, hot stuff. Snurk.

Slush said...

That's awesome. Sarah and Pete I have to say you look good!

I also like Chris' perky boob shot as well!

LOL at work... people looking at me a little odd now. Better run!

Wilkins MacQueen said...

Heartiest congrats. What a year! Thanks for all the help, the laughs and the delightful critter photos and stories. Where has the time gone? What do you have in store for next year? Happy birthday.

Wilkins MacQueen said...

I would love D and E by the by. Had to check the time zone - it is 4:56 am here. Putting a note on my blog. Best!

Chelsea P. said...

Oh. My. God. Those Spoil of War covers are FABULOUS.

I would love option C!

I liked and tweeted and am now following you on Twitter (although that last one was less for the contest and more because I just wanted to!)

Congrats on 1 year!!!

Wilkins MacQueen said...

I'm greedy I guess. I also want C. I mentioned this site, Extinct, Spoil of War, your dead agent (sorry for my sick sense of humor) and your critter matchmaker site. That gives 352 chances, right?
Having fun, this is the way to start the day. Loved the WIP covers!

lexcade said...

Happy anniversary, Phoenix! This is exciiiitiiiing!!!!!!

I'd be in for any option, especially C-E. REALLY would love C. I've tweeted the party :D

Robin B. said...

HA!!!!!! Those pictures are freakin fantastic!!! I laughed til I thought I was gonna lose it.
OMG. Squared and then squared again!!

Whirlochre said...

Congratulations on hitting your first year.

It's been a feast of question marks and iguanae.

And I'll take C please.

Jo-Ann said...

Hi Phoenix, and happy blogaversary!

Am I late for the party? I've not been on line for all of 48 hours due to religious reasons (ok, just kiddin', been up the country for a few days, and the tent didn't have Wifi connection - power I can live without - but no internet is really roughing it!).

I'd love Prize E please!

Now, turn up the music and let's dance like noone's looking.

Phoenix said...

@AA: Thank you!

@Chelsea: Thanks for the follow. Especially because you wanted to, even without bribes.

@Mac: Hmm. Interesting math there on the other side of the world...

@Lexcade: Thanks!

@Whirl: Thank you!

@Jo: No Internet? For TWO days? You won't do THAT again, I bet!

Sarah Laurenson said...

ARGH! My eyes! Pete! With hair!

LOL

Those are great covers, Phoenix. It was quite the bummer that I got word of them after I got to work and they were blocked. But my wife came through and sent me a copy to burn my eyeballs.

Hope you enjoyed your partay!

Sylvia said...

I would like E, a copy of Spoil of War, which I plan to give to a friend of mine. If I recommend it to her, she'll never get around to reading it but if I give it to her, she will.