Saturday, April 23, 2011

Go Join The Party!


It's a 3-day extravaganza celebrating 5 loooong years of Evil Editor gracing the blogosphere. There are games and contests and prizes, including a 10-page crit by me. Also $25 and $20 gift cards, a handcrafted objet d'art, and a used book (go see -- you'll understand).

And it's all just a small way of saying thanks to a guy who's helped an awful lot of people get a leg up in the publishing biz.

I haven't been a Minion of Evil Editor for the entire 5 years. I found him some 8 months into his first year. But there are Minions hanging around and commenting still who were there 5 years ago. Now THAT's brand loyalty.

But his influence extends beyond just his blog.

The members of my crit group are all EE alumni. Not all of us frequent EE's blog as much as we did in times gone by, but we still reminisce about the glory days.

Many of you are here because EE supported me when I began this blog a year ago. I mentioned I was open to critting queries, and EE had the brainstorm that he could get out of doing extra work by routing revised queries here. Yep, that's EE -- always ready to pass the buck. As it is, this blog still gets a spike in hits whenever EE mentions it.

Nope, I don't know who he is. Then again, I was still pretty clueless when the rest of the writing community had already caught on to Miss Snark's identity. But the mystique of the man is part of what makes him what he is. We all can imagine him as we like. And yes, I've been privvy to some rather intimate imaginings. Check out the blog's early years. *fans self*

EE's blog has evolved over the years. Minions have come and gone. Some have gone on to big things and some have quietly faded away from the writing scene. Some -- the majority -- continue to plug along. The character of the comments has changed. From snipe and snark to lewd and loud to friendly banter and ribbing to conscientious critting. But through it all, one thing has remained constant: EE.

So I raise my glass to a very patient man with a sharp sense of humor, a keen eye and a truly masochistic streak. All of which he'll need to survive us for another 5 years.

¡Salud, EE!

5 comments:

Evil Editor said...

Awww. How can I maintain my facade of evilness after reading such nice things about my favorite person?

word verification: foenx!

Phoenix Sullivan said...

OK, I just checked and that's the SAME comment you've left on everyone else's site. And here I was trying to figure out how to block Robin from seeing this!

You're such a liar (word ver, my a**). But you do it soooo well. I guess it's all that practice you've had :o)

fairyhedgehog said...

I agree EE is all of that!

Thank you for organising the party!

no-bull-steve said...

EE - All that and more!

Wilkins MacQueen said...

I missed the ^&#$%*g party. Work, darn. Thoughts were there. Evil kind of opened a new world as Divine Miss Phoenix did. Thanks you two.

For everything.