Saturday, March 19, 2011

Come To Our Launch Party!

Extinct Doesn't Mean Forever is available now from Amazon.com (US)! Please stop by and LIKE the page even if you don't order. It's only $2.99 for 19 stories, running about 76,000 words.

It should be available from Amazon UK shortly, from B&N next week, and other stores after that. I'll update the sidebar and the Extinct Anthology page on this site as availability changes.

On Wednesday, we'll have a little launch party here. Be looking for a SPECIAL GUEST, PRIZE copies of Extinct, and other PRIZES, too! The fun begins at 8:00 am US Central Time on Wed, 23 March. The contests will all run a full 24 hours, and winners will be announced and drawn on Thursday.

Also on Thursday, I'll do a debrief on the Amazon publishing process from a "what to expect and lessons learned" perspective in case some of you want to try that route yourself. I won't go into anything too technical. Plenty of other, more tech-savvy folk have great info out there.

So, a query critique on Monday. We'll finish up thoughts on crit groups on Tuesday. Launch Party on Wednesday. And contest winners announced and Amazon Kindle publishing debrief on Thursday. Friday's open so far. Maybe we'll all sleep in? ;o)

16 comments:

Michelle4Laughs said...

I liked it though I own a Nook and not a Kindle. Planning on buying once it's available on B&N.

Karen said...

Congratulations!!!

Michelle Massaro said...

Congratulations, Phoenix!! Well done! =)

Beckah-Rah said...

Congrats! Posted to my Facebook page already! :D

Sylvia said...

Woohoo! I got my copy and am looking forward to reading it tonight. A launch party sounds like fun!

lexcade said...

Woo hoo!!! So exciting : )

fairyhedgehog said...

I've liked but I can't buy until it comes to amazon.co.uk

How exciting!

Chelsea P. said...

Liked! Will buy from B&N. Congrats to everyone in it :)

Phoenix said...

Thank you, everyone! Your support is more appreciated than I think you know.

And now no excuses... It's also available from Amazon UK and B&N :o)

Slush said...

Will be there! Congrats on getting this out there.

jjdebenedictis said...

Wootie-woot-woot! *flails pompoms*

Phoenix said...

Thank you, Slush and Goblin!

Sylvia said...

It's almost Wednesday, here.

Phoenix said...

*Sticks tongue out at Sylvia*

Yes, yes. And it's already Wednesday in Australia. This is one of the reasons I HATED working for a global company. There was no respect for anyone's time off because there was always someone working on your projects somewhere in the world and needing answers or help or whatnot.

OTOH, I LOVED working for a global company because, hey!, wonderful new cultures to learn about and accents to swoon by!

Sylvia said...

I have worked with freelancers spread around the globe and what I really love is being able to say "You know what? We really need a report on X." And then getting up the next morning and there it is...

But yes, you aren't allowed time off. :D

Kay said...

Oops. Not reading posts in order. I'm so excited for you. I'll download it to my Kindle before I go to bed. Congratulations!