Along the way, we need to be good to ourselves. Like happy lab rats, we need rewards to keep us motivated. And because we're social beasts and care about our own, we get satisfaction in others' success, too. (Except for maybe those people who get 7-figure deals -- then the satisfaction needle moves dangerously into jealousy territory.)
So every few weeks, I would like to post out YOUR successes. Did you finally start querying? Did you get a request for a partial? For a full? Did you get a revision letter? An agent? A contract? Did your new book get released?
We're all on this journey -- some of us have been on it quite some time with multiple projects. Some of us are just starting out. We may all be at different points, but regardless of where YOU are, each milestone you pass is an important one.
If you'd like to add your recent sucess(es) to those we're celebrating today, note it in the comments and I'll update the list as we go.
Here's to each of you!
- Michelle received THREE requests for HEARTSOULS. One of those requests led to a revision letter. (She also posed a question we'll talk about over the weekend.)
- Chelsea received a request for a partial and for a FULL for THE S-WORD.
- Anonymous 1 says she cried when she received her first request for a FULL based on the query we helped her with here.
- Anonymous 2 says she's gotten two requests for partials with her new query when she wasn't getting any bites before.
- Anonymous 3 got his first-ever partial request just two days ago.